In addition to working privately, I work for a counselling charity, which specialises in anxiety & depression. I am also a tutor and training lead, involved in the delivery and moderation of all levels of counselling training.
I have also worked as a counsellor in a local GP surgery and within an adult weight management service for the NHS and gained specialist training & experience in working with emotional eating, over-eating & binge eating issues. Some of my private work is with clients who want to understand and address the emotional issues that underpin their struggle with their weight, help them psychologically prepare for bariatric surgery or help those who have started to sabotage their existing bariatric surgery.
Prior to life as a counsellor, I worked as a business analyst & trainer where I developed & facilitated training for individuals & groups. Time spent in a pressurised, working environment gives me insight into how you may be finding work stressful, experiencing performance anxiety and have work-life balance worries & problems.
I have also had my own extensive personal therapy. I understand how hard it can be to come to counselling and start exploring difficult & painful feelings. And I appreciate how vulnerable this may make you feel which is why it is important that you & I build a relationship in which you feel safe & supported.
I am a Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP) and I work within their Ethical Framework for Good Practice. I am fully insured, have on-going clinical supervision and regularly attend courses, read & research to enhance my knowledge and professionalism.
- BA (Hons) Geography, University of London, Queen Mary College
- CPCAB Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- CPCAB Certificate in Counselling Studies
- CPCAB Certificate in Counselling Skills
- CPCAB Certificate in Understanding Substance Misuse
- Award in Education & Training
Specialist Training & Interests:
- Attachment Theory in clinical practice
- Attachment Theory – continuing clinical forums & supervision
- Traumatic Attachment – working with childhood trauma
- Narcissism – working with issues arising from relationships with narcissistic parents/caregivers and partners
- Working with sexual, emotional & physical abuse
- Working with couples & relationships – attachment based
- CRUSE Bereavement training
- Understanding Your Eating – Training with Professor Julia Buckroyd
- Disordered Eating: Psychopathology, therapeutic interventions, psychological assessment and psycho-educational groups
Telephone: 07934 249925