In addition to working privately I am a volunteer counsellor for a counselling charity, which specialises in anxiety & depression. In both these fields I help clients with a wide range of emotional difficulties. I am also a tutor at a local counselling college.
I have also worked as a counsellor in a local GP surgery and within an adult weight management service for the NHS and gained specialist training & experience in working with emotional eating, over-eating & binge eating issues. Some of my private work is with clients who want to understand and address the emotional issues that underpin their struggle with their weight, help them psychologically prepare for bariatric surgery or help those who have started to sabotage their existing bariatric surgery.
Prior to life as a counsellor, I worked as a business analyst & trainer where I developed & facilitated training for individuals & groups. Time spent in a pressurised, working environment gives me insight into how you may be finding work stressful, experiencing performance anxiety and have work-life balance worries & problems.
I have also had my own extensive personal therapy. I understand how hard it can be to come to counselling and start exploring difficult & painful feelings. And I appreciate how vulnerable this may make you feel which is why it is important that you & I build a relationship in which you feel safe & supported.
I am a Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP) and I work within their Ethical Framework for Good Practice. I am fully insured & have on-going clinical supervision. I am committed to continuing my professional development & keep up to date with relevant reading & research in order to ensure that I offer the best service to you.
- BA (Hons) Geography, University of London, Queen Mary College
- CPCAB Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- CPCAB Certificate in Counselling Studies
- CPCAB Certificate in Counselling Skills
- CPCAB Certificate in Understanding Substance Misuse
- Award in Education & Training
Specialist & Further Training:
- Understanding Your Eating Training with Professor Julia Buckroyd
- The Psychopathology of Obesity
- CBT: Working with the Overweight Patient & Therapeutic interventions for working with obesity
- Psychological Assessment Training – emotional eating
- Facilitating Psycho Educational Groups – emotional eating
- Couple Dynamics Course – Working with Couples & Relationships
- Cruse Bereavement Care Workshops
- One In Four Workshops – sexual, emotional & physical abuse
- Transgender Therapy Workshop
- Tools For Life – group facilitation for anxiety & depression
You can call me on 07934 249925 or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org